[fluka-discuss]: RE: merging dose maps with DaVis 3D plugin ?

From: Chris Theis <Christian.Theis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 06:32:54 +0000

Dear Alex,

yes, you can use DaVis3D for several post-processing tasks like summation, calculation the ratio etc. including also different weights attributed to the individual components. However, you have to pay attention to the fact that some parameters of those USRBINs must(!!) be identical.
More specifically, the number of bins & bin-size in each dimension, the placement & orientation of the USRBIN mesh and the mesh-type MUST be identical! For example, you cannot sum up an XYZ and an RZ type USRBIN or one which has the origin at 0,0,0 while the other one is placed at 0,10,50!

One general word of caution regarding the summation of results. In FLUKA each result is given per primary unit weight, which for isotopes means per decay of this specific isotope. If you just sum up results of different sources to simulate a mixed source, then you have to be careful to include the right source strength proportions. For this you will need to define the weights of each summation term accordingly.

Cheers
Chris