Re: [fluka-discuss]: normalization with SFLOOR

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:57:45 +0300

On 22.07.2016 03:23, Roman Savinov wrote:

> Dear Mikhail,
>

> you are right, I am not getting a correct integral fluence if I use
> solely the normalization factor found by integrating the differential
> fluence. However, I found empirically that if I multiply this factor
> by 4*pi*(Rs/100)^2, where Rs is radius of emission sphere, it works!
> Even with different radiuses and SPE sources. Clearly this is somehow
> related to the 1/(pi R^2) cm-2 you mentioned earlier but I can't
> figure out how.
>
> If you can determine the relationship, it would be very helpful. In
> any case, thank you for your help,
>

> Roman

Dear Roman,

If i understood correctly,

For example you have an integral fluence N [particles/cm^2]. When you
multiply this value by 4*pi*(Rs)^2 you will get a total number of
particles, emitted by a SFLOOD sphere. The fluence inside the sphere
will be 4*N [particles/cm^2]. In your case 4*N/100^2.

Best regards,

MIkhail