Re: [fluka-discuss]: Max Voxel Number

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 16:51:21 +0200

Dear Yuri,
the amount of memory that you ask for may cause problems with memory
addressing in the distributed fluka version. Take into account that you
will need memory also for internal data, and probably a lot of memeory for
scoring.
The next release will overcome this problem and will allow for dinamic
allocation of the memory.
... can you wait? Let's say beginning of next year.
Regards
Paola
> Dear FLUKA experts,
>
> I voxelized a complex triangular-polygon mesh and imported it in FLUKA
> using the Voxel card. The maximum number of Voxels, which I have in my
> case
> is about 45 Million, which is not sufficient for a precise geomterical
> description.
> I found a prevoius discussion about this topic :
>
> http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0913.html
>
> Can I get a recompiled version of the code, with let's say, 1E9
> Voxel*2bytes=2 GB RAM?
>
> I know that the number 1E9 Voxels will eventually decrease, depending on
> my
> geometry, bin scoring, etc., but 2 GB is the maximum RAM per core in our
> cluster.
>
> Regards
> Yuri

Paola Sala