Re: [fluka-discuss]: optimizing scoring of dose in water

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 21:24:39 +0200

Dear Giuseppe,
 your input seems pretty boosted up with every thing is needed.
1) You could go further by including biasing, but if this is done wrong you
risk to spoil the spectrum. The definition of *best* depends heavily on the
what you want to study...
2) You can try to make the volume larger and try to extrapolate the effect
of the volume size on the spectrum definition (both in term of error
evaluation and average value).
3) If you define a region you might be able to force one or more
interaction steps.

I'm afraid your optimization of the simulation will have an iterative
nature, this will clearly have an impact on the total time needed to
perform your study,
Best
Vittorio