Re: [fluka-discuss]: Photon and Electron pulse-height tallies (FLUKA's DETECT vs. MCNPX's F8)

From: Jean-Emmanuel Groetz <jegroetz_at_univ-fcomte.fr>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 10:25:35 +0200

Dear Nima,

Not so easy to fix your problem.
May be the first thing to do is to compare for both codes the fluence
of your incident particles in your scintillator, i.e. with the F4 tally
for MCNPX and USRBIN for FLUKA.
Another thing for MCNPX is to activate the mode e,p (electrons &
photons) and also the ITS code (through the DBCN card).
Check also the cut-off energy for both particles. It seems to me that
in the case of PRECISIO in FLUKA, you must lower the cut-off to 1 keV
(by default in MCNPX), since the threshold is set at 100 keV.

One remark: I don't understand why you didn't use a simplest form the
binning energy in MCNPX.

Jean-Emmanuel Groetz
Laboratoire Chrono-Environnement UMR CNRS 6249
Université de Franche-Comté
16 route de Gray
25030 Besançon Cedex
France