RE: [fluka-discuss]: Dose and activity of residual nuclei dimensions

From: Vitaly Mechinsky <Vitaly.Mechinsky_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 19:03:18 +0000

Dear Luigi, thank you for your coments!

>- Your beam initial position is at z = -10, i.e. inside the target: not sure if it is done on purpose.

Yes, sure, the actual beam position must be ~-13 cm.

>- You should give a different name to each scoring in order to differentiate for the cooling time
>and, related to that, the DCYSCORE cards are associated always to the same scoring.

Thanks, I fix it (see attach).

>- in the DCYSCORE you need to specify if you want to associate to a USRBIN or to a RESNUCLE (they’re all associated to USRBIN, none of
>them to a RESNUCLE)

OK.

>Therefore, RESNUCLE are expressed in Bq (ref. Note 7 of RESNUCLE section in the manual)

Hm... Am I right that values from RESNUCLE give me activity of each nuclei from all target unit (PWO 3x3x22 cm3 in my case)?

>However it’s not really clear to me what is your purpose here. I guess that it would be more interesting to look at dose equivalent *outside* your detector

No, I'm interesing in dose rate inside PWO. The main aim is to calculate what dose rate from residual nuclei inside PWO crystall generates after proton irradiation in a different times. I want to obatine deposited dose rate (GeV/s or Gy/s etc.) curve as function of time. So I cosen three time (3 points) in that I want to calculate dose rate from residual nuclei inside PWO.

Vitaly.