Re: Re: [fluka-discuss]: Statistical Fluctuations in neutron yield

From: nikhil shetty <nikhil.nitk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:33:13 +0200

I was assuming that neutrons were counted for the number of primaries
(protons) run. If this is the case then in a Monte Carlo experiment, the
variance is proportional to 1/Sqrt(protons). Which means that in a
simulation with 100 protons the uncertainty is higher by a factor of 100
when compared to a simulation with 10^6 protons.

Cheers,
Nikhil