[fluka-discuss]:

From: Panthi, Rajesh <rpanthi_at_ostatemail.okstate.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:19:21 -0500

Dear FLUKA users,

I am trying to understand the fragmentation of primary ions while
propagating a beam of ions (such as a proton, C-12, O-16, Fe-56, etc)
through water or similar media. I am doing this for different energies of
beam considered and more interested in 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 and 1.0 GeV/n. To
begin with, I scored absorbed dose along the axis of beam propagation using
USRBIN card.
For a proton beam passing through water, I got the following result for
absorbed dose scored using USRBIN card. I have also attached my input file
"proton.inp".
If these were the result of heavy ions such as Fe-56, I guess, we would
expect such result (changing of Bragg peak with the increase of beam
energy) because of the primary ions fragmentation and contribution to the
absorbed dose due to low Z ions created. But with a proton beam why am I
getting this kind of result? Could you please take a look at my input file
and suggest me if I am doing something wrong?
Also, how do I choose correctly the linker (lfluka, lflukac, ldpmqmd,
ldpm2qmd, ldpm3qmd) for this kind of problem while compiling, and other
cards?

[image: Inline image 2]
Kindly,

Rajesh Panthi