[fluka-discuss]: Access to tracking informations in USERDUMP

From: <antonio.iuliano2_at_studenti.unina.it>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 13:18:00 +0100

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am a new user, and I am currently learning how FLUKA works. I
realized the geometry of the experiment and I made some test runs, but
I cannot understand how you access tracking data such as momentum,
particle name and number of produced secondary particles in the event
(in my case, I want to analyse interactions of a pion beam impining on
a Mo target).
 From the guides and the manual, I learned that the routine mgdraw.f
provides, through the card USERDUMP, a collision tape of the event,
and that the variables I look for might be present in TRACKR and
accessible after some modifications of the user routine.
Before modyfing mgdraw.f, however, I would like to learn how it works,
but it seems I cannot read the binary file through DATA.py and/or the
MGREAD program contained in flair and in the FLUKA manual. Can you
please tell me the commands to use them, or an alternative solution to
access the data?
I know this may be a silly question, but please answer me.

Best regards,
Antonio Iuliano.