RE: [fluka-discuss]: Access to tracking informations in USERDUMP

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 17:30:21 +0000

Dear Antonio,

In order to reproduce the problem with MGREAD, could you be so kind and send a minimum working example (input file, routines and maybe the MGREAD file if you made modifications).

Meanwhile (since your problem is reading, not dumping) you could try to already use a customized MGDRAW routine to get the information you need. MGDRAW has an entry (USDRAW) which is called whenever you have an interaction (if activated by means of the USERDUMP card). In particular, in this entry, one can distinguish the type of interaction (via the value of ICODE), one can determine the current region/position in the geometry (via MREG, XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO), and one can access information about secondaries produced in this interaction (looping over particles in GENSTK). With following code snippet inserted into USDRAW you could filter out the events which are inelastic collisions of primaries (using the generation number LTRACK, which is 1 for primaries and making use of the ICODE variable, which is 101 for inelastic nuclear collisions). For simplicity, I directly write formatted output to unit 50, so no need to convert to ascii (you can change this of course).

* Inelastic collision of a primary
      IF ( LTRACK .EQ. 1 .AND. ICODE .EQ. 101 ) THEN
*
* Dump the location of the inelastic collision:
         WRITE( 50,* ) "Inelastic coll at ", XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO
*
* Loop over all secondaries and dump their particle code, kinetic
* energy, statistical weight and direction cosines:
         DO 10 INP = 1, NP
            WRITE( 50,* )
     & ' Part=',KPART(INP),' E=',TKI(INP),' Weight=',WEI(INP),
     & ' Tx=',CXR(INP), ' Ty=',CYR(INP),' Tz=',CZR(INP)
  10 CONTINUE
*
      END IF

Note that this code does not consider re-interactions of secondary hadrons. If you also want particles produced in re-interactions, you need to modify the first if statement (just in case: the particle code of the incident particle is accessible via the JTRACK variable).

Cheers, Anton