[fluka-discuss]: Hexagonal prisms problem

From: <panov_at_dec1.sinp.msu.ru>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 23:32:55 +0300

Dear All,

I need a geometry represented by a pack of thin hexagonal silicon
plates. There is no tool in FLUKA to construct a hexagonal prism,
therefore I construct each hexagonal plate (actually a prism with a
small height) by eight generic half-spaces (PLA). To define such a
geometry I have to use name-based free-format notation together with
parentheses to define vacuum region. My construction works very well
with 1,2,3 and 4 plates in the pack, but it does not work with 5 and
more plates (I actually need 60 plates as a minimum). A task with more
than 4 plates produces segmentation violation error after 5-10 seconds
of normal running. The error message about segmentation violation
appears in the log-file, not in the console:

--------------------------
Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
reference.

Backtrace for this error:
#0 0x7FD05A82AE08
#1 0x7FD05A829F90
#2 0x7FD059F5C4AF
#3 0x7FD05A073F45
#4 0x7ACC0B in copytx_ at copytx.f:48
#5 0x5E2A14 in rpnrul_ at rpnrul.f:157 (discriminator 2)
#6 0x5E1125 in rpnorm_ at rpnorm.f:57
#7 0x5D163D in flkcgi_ at flkcgi.f:1525
#8 0x4DC867 in geoinp_ at geoinp.f:238
#9 0x405E09 in flukam_ at flukam.f:2961
#10 0x40223B in fluka at fluka.f:289
#11 0x7FD059F4782F

Can you help to overcome this problem? I send two collections of files,
for normal work with four plates and for error with five plates.

Thank you in advance,
Alexander