Re: Parallel Monte Carlo with FLUKA

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 10:11:22 CEST

    Correct!

    You can use it.

             Alfredo

    On Wed, 4 May 2005, LEE, KERRY T. (JSC-SF) (UHCL) wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to run different FLUKA runs on multiple processors/machines,
    > but want to avoid the overlapping of random seed sequences. I saw the
    > following in the fluka-discuss archive.
    >
    > http://pcfluka.mi.infn.it/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0053.html
    >
    > Alfredo responded to this message saying that this mechanism was not in
    > place yet but would be there in the next release. Since this was almost 3
    > years ago I assume this mechanism exists now in the April 2004 release, is
    > that correct?
    >
    > If I understand what Alberto said in his mail, I should be able to put in
    > any number less than 9.E8 in what(2) of RANDOMIZE and not have to worry
    > about repeating random sequences for different runs as long as I use
    > different values in what(2) of RANDOMIZE. Is that correct?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kerry
    > ktlee@ems.jsc.nasa.gov

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |