Re: PEMF question

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 15:41:02 CEST

    Dear Katherine,
    the answer, if I understand correctly your question, is that one needs to
    prepare PEMF only for the materials that you actually have in reality:
    that means that if you a region filled, for instance, with AIR
    (that you define as a gas mixture of N, O and AR) you must prepare the
    PEMF for the mixture called AIR (giving inside the right parameters for
    the 3 elements and the proper GASP pressure value). Instead you will not
    prepare the PEMF for the individual elements N, O and AR.

    [Notice that his is not exactly parallel to what we do for the hadronic
    cross section tabulation: in general in the FLUKA input we need to insert
    the MATERIAL card both for the compound/mixture and card for all
    individual elements in the compound/mixture]

    Be happy: the problem of creating PEMF is going to disappear in the next
    FLUKA release!
            Giuseppe