Re: Dose Scoring with USRBIN

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 17:32:10 CEST

    Yes. Generalised particle 208 means TOTAL energy, independent
    of the particle which deposits it. But the result may slightly vary
    depending on which threshold you have set for delta ray production and for
    transport of secondary particles (mainly the electrons). Probably there
    would not be a major variation in the results of SCORE, since a shift
    of the energy deposition point will generally happen within the same region,
    but if the bin size is smaller than the average delta electron range,
    the energy of the delta ray could be scored in a different bin than
    the one in which the delta was created. If you set the delta ray threshold
    to infinity (which is a possibility, but not recommended) all the
    energy lost will be deposited instead at the loss point.

    Alberto

    --
    Alberto Fassò
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025