Re: Exceeding number of regions

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 17:19:23 CET

    Yes

    with a GLOBAL card at the very beginning (look in the manual for how to
    do) you can increase the max region number up to 10000 I believe. Beyond
    this it requires recompiling the code.

                 Ciao
                Alfredo

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Paolo MAESTRO wrote:

    > Hi fluka developers,
    > I have written a geometry file with more than 1000 regions.
    > When I run the program, the geometry is read properly,
    > also the debugger does not report any error, but after the
    > card START is loaded, the program terminates with the
    > message "Too many regions, increase Nxxrgn. Execution terminated.".
    > I checked, reducing the number of regions, that the threshold is 1000.
    > Is there any way to increase it ?
    > Many thanks.
    > Best regards
    > Paolo Maestro

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |