failed to open a file in source.f

From: Konstantin Batkov (kbat@dec1.sinp.msu.ru)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 17:08:28 CET

    Dear FLUKA users,

    I have a question about SOURCE card. Let's consider a simple example
    $FLUPRO/example.inp given in FLUKA tar-ball.

    I'd like to read some data on beam particles from a file. According
    to manual, I add a SOURCE card in .inp file and open the data file in
    source.f (this is just one line, so I show here the output of diff):

    kbat@tomcat:source_test$ diff source.f $FLUPRO/usermvax/source.f
    59d58
    < open (21, FILE='data.txt', STATUS='OLD', FORM='FORMATTED')

    then I produce an executable:
    $FLUTIL/lfluka -o test -m fluka source.f

    and run it:
    kbat@tomcat:source_test$ $FLUTIL/rfluka -e test -M1 example
    $TARGET_MACHINE = Linux
    $FLUPRO = /usr/local/fluka
    /usr/local/fluka/libec_thihecufealw_10t.pemf
    12815: old priority 0, new priority 19

    Initial seed copied from /usr/local/fluka

    Running fluka in /home/kbat/fluka/source_test/fluka_12815

    ================================ Running FLUKA for cycle # 1 =============================================
    /usr/local/fluka/flutil/rfluka: line 311: 12841 Aborted ${EXE} <$INPF 2>$LOGF >$LOGF

    FLUKA crushes without any complains. I've assumed that FLUKA cannot
    open the data file because it is trying to do it in temporary directory
    fluka_***, so I've changed it's name by

     open (21, FILE='../data.txt', STATUS='OLD', FORM='FORMATTED')

    and now FLUKA runs and opens it successfully!

    So, my first question is: Is there any way to open a file without
    these dots before it's name?

    OK, for the second step I was trying to set the name of data file in
    SOURCE card using SDUM as indicated on page 197 of the current manual.

    kbat@tomcat:source_test$ diff example.inp $FLUPRO/example.inp
    7d6
    < SOURCE dat.txt

    kbat@tomcat:source_test$ diff source.f $FLUPRO/usermvax/source.f
    59d58
    < open (21, FILE=SDUSOU, STATUS='OLD', FORM='FORMATTED')

    And again, I'm failed to open it. Moreover, I'm failed to open the file
    even if I put two dots before its name:
    SOURCE ../dat.txt

    Second question: How do I set the name of a file using SOURCE card?
    Is there something wrong in my code?
    I'm using fluka2005.6

    Best regards,
    Konstantin