Re: How to define angle in USRYIELD

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 20:30:40 CEST

    Dear Sunil
    from what you say the correct lower limit is 0
    A polar angle is always defined between 0 (forward direction) and
    180 (backward direction).
    Asking between 0 and 15 means asking to score particles produced
    inside a cone around beam axis with a semi-aperture of 15 degrees.
    Namely all polar angles between 0 and 15 degrees and all azimutal angles
    between 0 and 360 degrees.

    What you call -15 means again 15, but at an opposite azimuth
    with respect to what you call +15.
    A part from very special cases, FLUKA has a perfect azimuthal symmetry
    in azimuth for particle production.

            Giuseppe Battistoni