Isotropic Source

From: Katherine Harine (artsietopology@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 22:29:38 CEST

    In going over some runs I have done,
    I want to make sure I have done the inputs correctly.
    If I have an isotropic source incident down on a plate in
    the x-y plane and I have the source a very small
    distance above the plane, will the following statements in the source.f
    file give me the isotropic flux incident on one side of the plate:

          TZFLK (NPFLKA) = - FLRNDM(XXX)
          XKPHI = TWOTWO * PIPIPI * FLRNDM(XXX)
          TXFLK (NPFLKA) = SIN(ACOS(TZFLK(NPFLKA))) * COS(XKPHI)
          TYFLK (NPFLKA) = SIN(ACOS(TZFLK(NPFLKA))) * SIN(XKPHI)

    Next, since particles go only in the minus Z direction and since detectors will normalize results to one incident particle, will my flux
    be 1.0 particle/cm^2/s integrated over the 2 Pi hemisphere?
    That is, isn't my 4 Pi integrated flux equal to 2.0 particles/cm^2/s?

    I hope this makes sense. I read the recent discussion on
    fluence and current on fluka-discuss and I hope I understand it correctly.

    - Katherine