Re: Problem with source.f

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 00:54:24 CET

    Hi Joseph,
    I am not sure of what you are talking exactly, but maybe there is a
    misunderstanding that it could be important to clear for all those who
    have access to the fluka-discuss list: double precision in
    tracking and geometry has nothing to do with physics models and their
    reliability.
    The need of it is to avoid problems in complicated geometries, like thin
    layers. A typical problem of GEANT-3, for instance, was the possibility of
    missing a thin silicon layer in detector geometries of several meters
    scale.
    In the FLUKA approach, similar things must be avoided. Physics models
    (energy losses, particle production etc.) may improve in the future
    (hopefully). All the rest is just mathematics and has to be kept at the
    maximum possible level of reliability.

    Maybe your point was another one...
            Cheers
            Giuseppe Battistoni for the FLUKA collaboration