Re: a cross-check (He 5MeV into gas chamber)

From: Sebastien WURTH (wurth@ipno.in2p3.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 13:23:13 CET

    Hello Ercan,

    I will answer partially to your 9 points and leave the other ones to the
    fluka team or more skilled users.

    2. Yes, but when I tried to use pawlevbin yesterday in one particular
    case, it crashes by saying "Xmin greater than Xmax", but not always, though.

    3. You use an unformatted file (negative sign before the logical unit)
    to write your usrbin results, so someone correct me if I'm wrong but the
    size of the output file is always the same in this case (3.8 MB) even if
    it contains only zeroes.

    In order to do color plots from usrbin unformatted results, some
    utilities are available (same effect as flukagui).
    Shortly, usbsuw routine can compile results for several cycles and
    produces a summary file.
    Pawlevbin program produces the color plot by calculating an integral for
    the requested projection, and the plot is obtained with paw for example
    by running bpawlev routine.
    It is described here for instance :
    http://www.fluka.org/course/WebCourse/ColorPlots/index.html

    4. I've tried to play a little with DEFAULTS, EMFCUT and DELTARAY cards
    on your input file running with my own FLUKA executable (the standard
    one actually).
    With SDUM from defaults cards = PRECISIO (and no EMFCUT card), threshold
    to delta ray prod is set to 100 keV as well as particle transport
    (except neutrons and (anti)neutrinos).
    So with this, the value of energy density in your fifth region (gas)
    becomes 4.828e-3 GeV/cm³/primary particle (SCORE option in the *.out file)

    >>> Attached "test.rar.gz" file contains two plots describing the
    deposited energy (fluka code 208.0) projected on x axe, one from the
    first usrbin (edopall.ps) and one for the second one (edopgas.ps).
    Results are in GeV/cm³/primary.

    Regards.
    Sebastien.