Re: EMFSTK variable description

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2007 - 10:41:38 CET

    >From Alberto Fasso:

    Dear Biagio,

    here is the meaning of the variables in EMFSTK as far as I know. Note
    however that for some of the variables I had to guess from the
    corresponding ones with a similar name in (FLKSTK).
    (Alfredo please check!)

    ETEMF = total energy in MeV
    PMEMF = momentum in MeV/c
    XEMF, YEMF, ZEMF = particle coordinates (cm)
    UEMF, VEMF, WEMF = particle direction cosines
    DNEAR = safe distance from the nearest boundary (cm)
    UPOL, VPOL, WPOL = direction cosines of the polarization vector
    USNRML, VSNRML, WSNRML = direction cosines of a (possible) surface normal
    WTEMF = particle weight
    AGEMF = particle age (s)
    CMPEMF = cumulative path travelled by the particle (cm)
    ESPARK = array of spare real variables available for the user
    RDLYEM = delay in production with respect to the nominal primary "0"
             time for a particle produced in radioactive decays (s)
    IESPAK = array of spare integer variables available for the user
    ICHEMF = particle charge (+1: positron, -1: electron, 0: photon)
    IREMF = region number
    IRLATT = lattice cell number
    NHPEMF = pointer to the history object (Geant4 geometry)
    LLOEMF = generation number
    LOUEMF = user flag
    LRDEMF = flag for particles generated in radioactive decays
    NPEMF = stack pointer
    NPSTRT = stack pointer of the last processed particle

    Yes, in the EMF part of FLUKA energies and momenta are in MeV and MeV/c,
    for historical reasons. A conversion from and to GeV and GeV/c is done
    at the interface with the calling routines.

    Alberto

    --
    Alberto Fassò
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025