Re: Double Counting with USRYIELD

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2007 - 10:34:03 CET

    Hello,
    I gave a look at your input file.
    You have a thick target and you are requiring the yield of particles
    (neutrons) emerging from inelastic interactions. In this way you are
    counting not only neutrons produced by muons, but also those from other
    secondary interactions.
    I cannot say if this is a meaningful answer to your question, since it is
    not clear to me if 27.1 x10-5 neutrons per muon per
    g/cm2 includes reinteractions or not.

    If you need to isolate neutron production by muons only there could be
    some solution. For instance you could
    use a thin target and at the same time you can bias the inelastic cross
    sections of primary muons (see LAM-BIAS with INEPRI sdum)

    Alternatively you can select particles of interest by means of a fluscw.f
    routine (activated by USERWEIG). This requires also the use of
    stuprf.f to tag with the the available user flags neutrons produced by
    muons. This could not be an easy implementation...

            Giuseppe Battistoni