Re: Neutron Yields Below 19.6MeV

From: Lindley Winslow (LAWinslow@lbl.gov)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 02:24:55 CET

    Hi all,

    It was suggested offline by another neutrino type graduate student,
    Yung-Shun Yeh, that I look at the energy spectrum. All of the
    neutrons that I am saying are made in E < 19.6MeV reaction /
    iCode==300 reactions, are in the 72nd neutron group / the thermal
    neutron group.

    The thermal group is below the n,2n threshold for any of the
    constituents of my experiment.

    I now believe that it is not a coincidence that I am getting equal
    number of n made in iCode==101 and thermal neutrons. Is this the
    expected result of FLUKA propagating neutrons to thermal energies?

    It not clear to me from the manual what I should expect to see here,
    Lindley

    neutronEnergy.gif