Re: Thermal Neutron Capture Gammas

From: Lindley Anne Winslow (LAWinslow@lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 01:23:14 CET

    Alberto,

    "Everything is clear now. Counting gammas or neutrons or events has no
    meaning. You should always count the corresponding weights."

    This means that running 10,000 lowEnergy neutrons has no meaning. I have actually run the sum of the weights of those 10,000 neutrons? Is the number of neutrons made be n,2n reactions sum of parent weights - sum of daughter weights?

    2) Thank you for noticing the DEFAULTS. I will change that.

    3) As per COMPOUND issue.

    In a previous post Alfredo told me compound works like this for atomic composition.
    C9H12 would be 9/21=+0.428... 12/21=+0.571... My liquid scintillator is actually a mixture of several things but for the previous discussion I thought talking about C9H12 would be easier to talk about.

    Alfredo's post:
    http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0654.html

    4) Thank you for the warning about FLUSCW I did not realize it was also calling FLDSCP. I only wanted FLUSCW.

    Once again thank you for spotting the errors,
    Lindley