Thermal Neutron Capture Gammas

From: Lindley Winslow (lawinslow@lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 19:47:53 CET

    Hello all,

    To try to understand FLUKA's treatment of low energy neutrons, I
    simulated 10,000 thermal neutrons (group 72)

    I found 5575 scatter and leave the detector.
    This leaves 4425 that stay in the detector.
    I only see 951 capture gammas from the neutrons that stay in the
    detector.

    I would expect that all neutrons that stay in the detector should
    capture. Is there another way to lose neutrons from the last group?

    Thank you,
    Lindley