RE: Fluka on Mac OS X?

From: Markus Brugger (Markus.Brugger@cern.ch)
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 13:55:12 CEST

    Hi Bill,

    running FLUKA on a DELL is continuously done with all versions. For
    Windows, however, for the moment there is no official release. It is
    currently tested and it is planned to have a FLUKA version running under
    CygWin ready for the next major FLUKA release.

    As for your two other questions, FLUKA models heavy ions including
    DPMJET and it's successfully used by many users. Furthermore, comparing
    one MC code with another always is a tricky issue as it heavily depends
    on the respective application you're looking at. Obviously, if you have
    a somewhat pure low-energy neutron problem MCNP offers you a more
    detailed treatment, the same way when going to high energies (> several
    GeV and more) the models used in FLUKA are well tested and benchmarked.

    If you want to find out more about the capabilities of FLUKA I suggest
    to have a look on the existing FLUKA publications and presentations, of
    which a selection can be found at:

    http://www.fluka.org/References.html

    cheers

    Markus