RE:

From: Markus Brugger (Markus.Brugger@cern.ch)
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 09:29:38 CEST

    Hi Mausumi,

    unfortunately we can't distribute the requested human phantom voxel data
    as they are protected and we only use them for test purposes.

    However, to our knowledge there are a couple of 'free' voxel phantoms
    available, some of which used in publications and literature.

    One is used by RADAR and is a voxel phantom with a format of 488
    "slices" each of 192 x 96 picture elements and there are 8.994.816
    million voxels in the phantom. The voxel phantom was derived from a
    whole body magnetic resonance image (MRI) scan which was obtained from
    the Yale University voxel phantom library which is maintained by I.
    George Zubal, Ph.D. The voxel phantoms in this library are freeware, and
    may be obtained through George Zubal at George.Zubal@Yale.Edu. For
    RADAR, the Yale voxel phantom was modified at the IRD so as to maintain
    only the tissues relevant for the calculation of the effective dose, as
    defined in ICRP 60.

    hope this can help, cheers

    Markus