Radiation Damage with FLUKA

From: sujoy@veccal.ernet.in
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 13:51:56 CEST

    Sir,
    I want to do some radiation damage study using FLUKA. In this context I would like to know and clarify some of my doubts which are as follows:
    1) Can fluka calculate dpa or pka for any element or compound of interest. If it can be, which card is best suited for this?
    2) Can fluka help in finding NIEL (NonIonising Energy Loss)?
    3) Is it possible to find the position and recoil statistics for each collision atoms which in turn can be fed to TRIM code? Can mgdraw subroutine help in this matter?
    4) Can Residual Nuclei card help in finding pka?

    With Regards,
    S. Chatterjee
    Scientific Officer,
    TLD Unit, BARC