Re: [fluka-discuss]: Simulation stopped in usrbin

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 08:03:18 +0100

Dear Boyu Meng,
the number of bins in your usrbin structure is too large, there is not
enough space in memory to contain all of them.
 See also
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/5695.html
To solve the problem, you will have to reduce the number of bins. Tere
are two options:
- Use larger bins. This can be a problem if your bin size (dimension of
the usrbin divided by number of bins) becomes larger than the voxel size
- Cover only one part of the voxel geometry with the usrbin
Or combine the two: a small volume usrbin with small bins, aand a second,
large voulme usrbin with large bins.

Hope this helps

> Dear FLUKA experts,
>
> I am running simulation with a voxel file (converted from CT). I card in
> the usrbin card through flair DICOM portal, and adjusted the location of
> the usrbin to the location of my voxel geometry. But when I run the
> simulation, the simulation was unsuccessful. No data or error fils were
> generated. I found a error message at the end of the out file (attached
> below). I am doing usrbin x-y-z dose.
>
> ******* Stopped in usrbin: insufficient space for allocation in blank
> common *******
>
> ******* 80474518 I*4 memory position available when 90701827 needed
> *******
>
> This error occurs for multiple simulations Iā€™m running with different
> voxel files, but for a few voxel files I can run the simulation without
> encountering this. I tried different things but I couldnā€™t figure out
> the reason for this, and I checked my usrbin location and volume.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Sincerely,
> Boyu

Paola Sala