[fluka-discuss]: Dose eqivalnet limitation

From: Masoomeh Yarmohammadi Satri <masoomeh.yarmohammadi.satri_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 11:23:35 +0000

Dear All,

I am benefiting Fluka for shielding design of a Test Stand setup that will work 10hours per week. I need to have a benchmark for the designing this shield. According to page 6 of NCRP report No.151: the dose equivalent of an uncontroled are does not exceed 0.02mSv/week. It considered all the working days and hours of a week (5 days and each day, 8 working hours -> totally=40 hour per week).

According to 10hours per week working machine of the Test Stand setup, I can adopt and apply the dose equivalent of an uncontroled are does not exceed= 0.02/4=0.005 mSv/week as the benchmark for the shielding wall thickness design?

Best regards,
Massomeh