Re: [fluka-discuss]: Neutron fluence scoring

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 16:09:43 +0000

Hi Tom,

As you know, except for some exceptional cases, low energy (<20 MeV) neutrons in Fluka are treated in a multigroup (260) structure, so intrinsically you are bound by two energy limits even if you restrict your detector to a single energy group. In your example, for 1E-11 GeV, you would be in group 249, with energies between 9.099382E-11 and 1.332938E-11 GeV. Hopefully, such energy bandwidth is narrow enough for your application. Now, even if you would have a continuous treatment, I am not sure that scoring at a precise energy would make any sense (you would tend to get zero count) unless you would be interested at monoenergetic primaries that had not interacted at all.

-Mario