[fluka-discuss]: Muon production questions

From: <alexander.brynes_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 08:20:06 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am trying to simulate muon production via an electron beam interacting with a target (see attached file) - we have some simulations from GEANT4 and I am attempting to reproduce the results.

There are some discrepancies between the simulations - for example, I can only produce muons if I introduce a biasing factor in WHAT(3) of the PHOTONUC card (maybe I am missing something?).

Also, I may be having issues understanding the units of the USRTRACK output. As I understand it, the units from this card are in part/(cm^2.GeV.primary) - is the energy in units of kinetic energy or total energy?

Any advice you could offer would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Alex