Re: [fluka-discuss]: Request for Help

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 09:38:52 +0200

Dear Shahid Khan
there is no card that can produce directly this plot!
You'll have to run with different BEAM particles (pion, kaon etc..)
And with different energies.
USRBIN will give you the average dE/dx (something like the full lines in
your plot). If you need also the spread, use EVENTBIN (event-by-event
scoring). Be careful: results will depend on the size of the scoring bin,
and on transport thresholds, because part of the dE/dx is carried away by
secondary electrons( difference between restricted and unrestricted energy
losses). I would recommend to stay close to the experimental conditions
you want to simulate.
Regards
Paola

> Hello Fluka experts
> I want to to produce pions, kaons and proton etc as shown in fig moment
> (p)
> vs dE/dx. Which CARD is suitable for me. Can i use USRBIN for this?????
> Regards
> Shahid Khan

Paola Sala
INFN Milano