[fluka-discuss]: K alpha of Copper and Bragg peak

From: Javier Lozano Díaz <jlozano_at_clpu.es>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 13:05:52 +0200

Dear Fluka experts.

I have a problem with my simulations concerning the K alpha experiment in
copeer and Bragg peak. They are the following:

*K alpha of Copper: *(see proton k alpha.flair and inp)

We send a monoenergetic proton beam of 10 MeV on a target of Copper. We
want to see the k alpha (8.04 KeV). For to see the spectrum, we want to use
the card USRBDX and the cards to activate the photoelectric effect: EMF,
EMFFLUO, EMFCUT prod, EMFCUT transport. We want to put the threshold at 1
KeV to be sure to see the k alpha at 8.04 KeV and how many K alpha there
will be.

   1. Concerning URSBDX option (see attached file):

   -We have a doubt about wich "type" to choose and the meaning of them.
   -We choose the photon in the option "part".
   -To use the card URSBDX, we create around the copper target 2 thin
   layers of vacuum in order to give the direction of view in the option
   "reg... to reg"

   -We don't specify the min and max energy

   2. Concerning EMFCUT:

   - I have a doubt about the cut off, if it means the minimum or the
   maximum energy to be transported?

   3. About the run:

   It looks that we can see photon, but around 10 MeV and not 8 KeV.

Also, if we want to simulate a proton beam of 1 MeV, we don't see photon
with URSBDX.

*Bragg peak: *(see BP10.flair and inp)

We want to see the bragg peak of a proton beam stopping into a
scintillator. We want to see dE/dX according to dX. For this, we use the
cards URSBIN, in 1D.

   1. We are not sure about what means the Y axis (see picture BP10.png).
   More we decrease the area of the detector and more this value increase.In
   the picture, the peak goes until 0.07 in the Y axis, what it means ?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

--
D. Javier Lozano Díaz