[fluka-discuss]: Probelm regarding the neutron fluency and moderation of neutrons in graphite

From: Tom Jonas Janzen <tom.jonas.janzen_at_hs-furtwangen.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 16:11:39 +0200

Hello fellow FLUKA Users and FLUKA Experts!

I have finally simulated all meterials that i needed (PMMA, HDPE, Water and
Graphite) for my master thesis and have all the results. Everything looks
fine except the plot of graphite.

The Maximum oft he neutron fluency is shown at the energy point of 2E-11 GeV
for the materials PMMA, HDPE and Water. This results shows me, that the
increase of the Neutron fluency is due to the moderation of neutrons.

Only the results of graphite and the plot of graphite shows me some strange
results which i can't put together. Shouldn't be the plot of graphite be
similiar as the plots oft he other ones?

Does the FLUKA community have any ideas, why the results of graphite are so
different? What could be the reason? My only idea or conclusion was, that
there could be an alternative cross section for carbon in graphite bound for
a different energy spectrum.

Ifm y INPUT file is needed for solving this problem, then i can send it
also.

Thank you all for your help in advance!

Best regards,

Tom Janzen