Re: [fluka-discuss]: Accessing electromagnetic photons

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 11:13:56 +0200

Hi Sourav,
    I am able to see bremsstrahlung photons with your input file.
I have slightly modified the USERDUMP card so that you can write
in ASCII format the output from USDRAW. The COMMON block used is
GENSTK and, for each bremsstrahlung event (ICODE=105), I have
added a loop on the variable NP (number of secondaries) and a printout
of particle ID and energy for each secondary. The output is in the
file unit 51, in my example: you have to search for events 105
in the file.

I attach testrun2_af.inp and mgdraw_af.f: with these files
you can now go on experimenting with the different threshold cuts.

Hope this helps: do not hesitate to write back to the forum in case
of further questions...

Best regards,
Andrea

Il 05/07/2017 10:16, Sourav Sarkar ha scritto:
> [...]
> without seeing your input file, I can only guess:
>
> - is the option PAIRBREM used correctly (see in particular Note 2
> in the manual)?
>
> PAIRBREM is focused on the processes for mostly muons and hadrons. I
> have tried both with and without PAIRBREM settings, unfortunately
> there is no difference between the two.
>
> - did you check in USDRAW for ICODE=105 or ICODE=208 (manual 13.2.13)?
>
> I have tried using USDRAW for ICODE=105 or 208, it is not working for
> me (may be I am using it incorrectly, so still working on it). Where
> does USDRAW access information from (FLKSTK/TRACKR/GENSTK)?
>

> If you send your input file, I can try to help you.
>
> I have attached my input file with email. I hope it helps you
> understanding my issue.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrea
>

> Il 05/07/2017 07:18, Sourav Sarkar ha scritto:
>
> Dear FLUKA users,
> I am pretty new to FLUKA package which I am using to simulate
> high energy hadronic and electromagnetic showers with user
> cut-off (PART-THR and EMFCUT). At the end of shower, I require
> to have all the final particles through mgdraw. However I
> noticed that the photons which are generated in
> electromagnetic part of the shower (bremsstrahlung radiation)
> and fall below EMFCUT are not accounted in ENDRAW entry.
> P.S. particles below threshold energy are not ranged out as my
> cut-off is fairly high.
>
> I am not sure about the reason, which might be one of the
> following:
> 1. Are electrons and positrons assumed to have continuous
> energy deposition (due to radiation) during transport, so that
> the secondary photon is not accounted?
>
> 2. The photons which are below the threshold energy might not
> be pushed back to main stack from EMFSTK. I get the final
> electrons and positrons in ENDRAW with ICODE=22, so I am
> assuming they are pushed to main stack from EMFSTK through
> TRACKER.
>
> Please let me know what would be possible reason for missing
> the photons in my standard collision tape and what is the best
> solution for accessing them.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Sourav Sarkar
>

> --
> Dr. Andrea Fontana tel: +39 0382 987991
> <tel:%2B39%200382%20987991>
> Istituto Nazionale fax: +39 0382 423241
> <tel:%2B39%200382%20423241>
> di Fisica Nucleare
> Sezione di Pavia e-mail:
> andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it <mailto:andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
> Via Bassi 6 web :
> www.pv.infn.it/~fontana <http://www.pv.infn.it/%7Efontana>
> 27100 PAVIA, Italy
>
> Thank you.
> Regards,
> Sourav Sarkar

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it