[fluka-discuss]: About EMF-CUT threshold and the distribution of the birth location of photoneutron

From: <bosqw7_at_mail.ustc.edu.cn>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 21:49:38 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear Fluka experts,

I am simulating the photon generation and transportation in Ta target,with injection of electrons, so I wrote DEFAULTS card as follows;
DEFAULTS PRECISIO
which means EMF-CUT threshold is set to 100keV for photons generation and transportation in the FLUKA Manual.
However, as I use USRBIN to get the spectra of the emitting photons after the Ta target, I get the photons with energy between 50-100KeV.
Are these photons effective data or calculation err?

Otherwise, I want to know the space distribution of the birth location of photoneutron via Ta181(γ,n) reaction in Ta target. Which card should I use? How to use the card?

Thank you
Best Regards

Qi Wei