Re: [fluka-discuss]: Question about SI1MEVNE of proton.

From: Anna Ferrari <a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 17:19:48 +0200

Hello!

I would say that you find what you have to expect, because you are selecting
the Silicon 1 MeV- neutron equivalent fluence which corresponds to the
proton contribution, and protons are by default *not* transported below 100
keV, as stated in the manual.
Look for example at the card DEFAULTS, sdum =PRECISIOn (as you used):
"Particle transport threshold set at 100 keV, except neutrons
          (1E-5 eV), [...] "

kind regards,
Anna

Am Tue, 8 Aug 2017 13:14:06 +0000 schrieb lzf neu <lzfneu_at_live.com>:
> Hi,
>

> My model is 3.5GeV electron hit copper block and NdFeB magnet set behind the copper block in aluminum bracket.
>

> I have calculated Silicon 1 MeV-neutron equivalent fluence(cm-2) induced by different energies of proton to characterize the proton radiation damage for NdFeB magnet.
>

> The calculation result shows that there is a drastically decrease in lower than about 100keV proton energy. (please see calculation-result.jpg in the attachment)
>

> I don't know why there is a drastically decrease or is there a cut-off energy when FLUKA doing the caluclation by default ? (by the way i set the defaults for precision simulations using PRECISIO)
>

> In my input file, I use USRTRACK card with SI1MEVNE part and AUXSCORE to filter proton to perform the calculation.
>

> I have attatched the input file and the calculation result in the attachment, any help will appreciated and thanks in advance !

Dr. Anna Ferrari
Institute of Radiation Physics
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
Tel. +49 351 260 2872
a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de
http://www.hzdr.de

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey, Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Peter
Joehnk
Vereinsregister: VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden