Re: [fluka-discuss]: Bin size

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 16:38:46 +0200

Hi Saneesh,

1.
> How will I get an energy spectrum of neutrons with 0.25
> MeV or 0.5 MeV bin width which is uniform?

no way, neutrons below 20 MeV are treated by a multigroup algorithm with a
pre-defined binning, as made clear in the manual.

2.
> The unit of flux is given in the sum.lis output as Flux
> (Part/sr/GeV/cmq/pr).

No need to redo the integrations yourself, in the sum.lis output you find
also the total response as
Tot. resp. (Part/cmq/pr)
as well as (Part/pr)
In addition, you get there also the cumulative fluence/current, integrated
from the upper energy limit down to any intermediate energy value.
Pay attention to the difference between fluence and current.

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI