[fluka-discuss]: Re: FLUKA Copyright Information

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:04:48 +0200

Dear Andrew
Thank you for your message.
You are asking whether it is possible to "use and modify" and "distribute"
The answer depends on what are you going to modify.

According to the fluka license, the user is free to modify ONLY the USER
ROUTINES, and this in a way that does not modify the physics of the
program.
Therefore, you can freely change, if needed, the user routines, for
instance if you need to use a non-standard source term. Please note that
for most uses, there is no need for user routines, the code can be
"steered" by an ascii input file.

Your input file and your user routines can be freely distributed (for
non-commercial purposes)

The FLUKA code itself, instead, CANNOT be redistributed. Thus, other users
will have to register on the fluka website and download the fluka code
from there. Once done, they will be able to use your input,geometry,user
code.

Hope this helps, please feel free to answer if something is not clear
Best Regards
Paola

Paola Sala
INFN Milano