[fluka-discuss]: ENERGY SCORE FOR HEMISPHERICAL SOURCE

From: RIYA DEY <riyadey_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:04:45 +0530

Dear FLUKA Experts,

I want to calculate organ absorbed dose from a hemispherical cloud source
above the phantom. The radius of the sphere is such that it corresponds to
5/mu i.e. 5 times of the mean free path of the photon in air corresponding
to its energy. The height of phantom is 176 cm and for 1 MeV photon the 5/mu
term corresponds to 62972 cm. Using this as the radius of the hemisphere , I
am unable to score any value in the USRBIN card in the part 'ENERGY' , while
if I reduce the value of the radius , say 200 cm , some value are generated
in the out put.

Kindly give any suggestion how I can resolve this problem.

With regards,

Riya Dey