Re: [fluka-discuss]: bremmsstrahlung

From: paola sala <paola.sala_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 15:30:44 +0100

Dear Kabytayeva,
looking at your input cards, you are scoring boundary crossing from

ALUMIN to _at_LASTREG
where LASTREG is the Tungsten layer (the last one in your geometry definition) Is this what you want?
A detail about geometry: the "tungsten" and "alend" planes coincide exactly with the faces of the RPP
"alumin": they are not needed in the definition of the regions, and, it is always better not to have ragons defined with "coincident" bodies.

The USRYIELD data will be normalized per GeV and per steradian (note 6 in the manual as Vasilis said), thus the angle-integrated yields will be obtained multiplying by 4pi (the full solid angle you are asking for.)
Given that you start with a few MeV electron beam, all photons will be generated by bremsstrahlung, so probably you do not need any filtering, except if you wish to distinguish photons that scatter in the layers from the ones exiting unperturbed.
Regards
Paola