[fluka-discuss]: I: Modulator wheel

From: Valerio Santoro <valerio.santoro_at_studio.unibo.it>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 13:47:48 +0000

________________________________
Da: Valerio Santoro
Inviato: giovedì 7 dicembre 2017 12:40
A: owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it
Oggetto: Modulator wheel

Hi dear Fluka users,

Good morning, I am trying to simulate a modulator wheel in a simple problem with a pencil proton beam impinging on a water cylinder target. I tried to build the wheel as in the example of a previous conversation about this topic, I used the loop function over the angle defined through the card #define creating six simulations where just the angle changes. I also add the rule +\I-\d\d\d\d_fort.\U to each of the six simulations, but when I plot the results I obtain the same as for a single beam without the loop function and without the wheel. Should I see wider Bragg peak, extended over a larger area? I attach here the plots and the input files. Thank you again for the help!