RE: [fluka-discuss]: RE: Antiproton annihilation in materials

From: Helga Holmestad <helga.holmestad_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 17:11:09 +0000

Hi
I reply now to the answer to my very old question since it became relevant for me again.

About nucleaon/antinucleon annihilation:
Can you point out which experimental results FLUKA is adjusted for? Is it also based upon some theoretical models?

Is also the annihilation in different materials adjusted to experimental data? From LEAR[1] there exist data of annihilations in Carbon and Calium. Fluka does not reproduce exactly these results, but is not to far away

[1]W. Markiel, H. Daniel, T. Von Egidy, F.J. Hartmann, P. Hofmann, W. Kanert, H.S.
Plendl, K. Ziock, R. Marshall, H. Machner, G. Riepe, and J.J. Reidy. Emission of
helium ions after antiproton annihilation in nuclei. Nuclear Physics A, 485(3):445 –
460, 1988.