Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to distinguish the contribution of absorbed doses from different particles?

From: Francesc Salvat-Pujol <francesc.salvat.pujol_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 17:34:48 +0100

Hi,

The "photon dose" you are scoring is most likely due to to photons that
drop below transport threshold, whose energy is deposited on the spot in
the simulation. This energy deposition is "artificial": varying the
transport thresholds you would get different results. Physically, the
point is that energy is ultimately deposited by electrons, as discussed
in a more pedagogical way here:

  http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/7931.html

Cheers,

Cesc