Re: How to vary some parameter automatically per run

From: Francesco Cerutti (Francesco.Cerutti@cern.ch)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 11:19:33 CEST

    Dear Yung-Shun,

    > I don't know if this question is appropriate in this forum.

    Don't worry, you are in the right place.

    > I am doing a simulation about estimation of muon-induced neutrons. In this
    > simulation, I must vary the energy of primary muon and then do the
    > simulation again. Earlier I varied the energy by hand, but it is not good
    > method. Could anyone teach me any good way to deal with this routine. Thank
    > you very much.

    You can choose the primary energy according to a desired distribution
    within the same run by means of the SOURCE user routine. The value of the
    kinetic energy, properly sampled, will have to fill the variable
    TKEFLK (NPFLKA) (momentum, direction cosines, and coordinates of the
    primary particle are defined there as well). Please look carefully at
    the Chapter 13 in the manual.

    Kind regards

    Francesco

    Francesco Cerutti