[fluka-discuss]: primary beam defination with 238U34+

From: yaoyang <yangyao15_at_mails.ucas.ac.cn>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 23:24:04 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hello FLUKA users,

I am trying to define a primary beam with heavy ions like uranium with a special charge state 34+. When I look through the FLUKA discuss archive, I found that the default primary particle in FLUKA is fully-ionized ion (for uranium is U92+). However, many different charge ions need to be transport in the accelerator. In FLUKA,the factor CHFACT=34/Zfrttk can used to transport of ions with 34+ (in this work), where Zfrttk is the actual Z_eff of the ion (smaller than Z) and stored in the COMMON 'TRACKR'.The factor was added in the magnetic field with editing magfld.f routine. I have complied my magfld.f file, and 'Invalid declaration of or reference to symbol'zfrttk''show in my output file. I attached my input file and magfld.f file below. Any suggeations or comments will be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards.

Yao Yang