Re: [fluka-discuss]: Model beam target which contains multiple radioactive materials

From: Anna Ferrari <a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 15:11:59 +0200

Dear Katsuya,

   I think we have to go out of the confusion a bit...
   You have a primary beam of 440 GeV protons hitting a target containing
several radioactive materials. Therefore you have to use the card BEAM
*only* to describe the impinging protons  (maybe you were confused because
FLUKA has the possibility to model radioactive beams, but this is a
*completely* different case!). Then you build your geometry and you assign
to the modeled regions all the materials/compounds you have.
Please find help in the online material of the FLUKA courses... (
http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=courses&sub=ALL)

Here what you need first:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/604018/contributions/2435680/attachments/1395445/224274/05_Basic_Input_2017.pdf

After that, in order to be able to evaluate the residual dose rates, give a
look at the activation lecture:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/604018/contributions/2435668/attachments/1395470/2242783/19_Activation_2017.pdf

Hope it helps,
Anna

Am Thu, 24 May 2018 20:01:45 +0000 schrieb Katsuya Yonehara :
>Dear FLUKA experts and communities,
>
>My primary goal is evaluating a residual dose after smashing 440 GeV protons into a beam target.
>I’ve met an issue to model the target which contains several radioactive materials.
>I used the BEAM command to model the target.
>However, it seems to define single radioactive element.
>Besides, in order to define the primary beam, I need to use another BEAM commands.
>It seems not to be allowed in FLUKA.
>What is the best solution?
>I would appreciate for your help!
>
>Regards,
>Katsuya

Dr. Anna Ferrari
Institute of Radiation Physics
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
Tel. +49 351 260 2872
a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de
http://www.hzdr.de

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey, Dr. Ulrich Breuer
Vereinsregister: VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden