Re: [fluka-discuss]: scoring weight for different usrbin cards

From: Alfredo Ferrari <alfredo.ferrari_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 08:36:15 +0200

Dear Junyu

if you look into the comments of comscw.f, you find the following:

* *
* Useful variables (common SCOHLP): *
* *
* Energy/Star binnings/scorings (Comscw): *
* ISCRNG = 1 --> Energy density binning *
* ISCRNG = 2 --> Star density binning *
* ISCRNG = 3 --> Residual nuclei scoring *
* ISCRNG = 4 --> Momentum transfer density binning *
* ISCRNG = 5 --> Activity density binning *
* ISCRNG = 6 --> Net charge density binning *
* ISCRNG = 7 --> Residual nuclei density binning *
* ISCRNG = 8 --> Pulse height detector (DETECT option) *
* ISCRNG = 9 --> Annihilation at rest binning *
* JSCRNG = # of the binning/detector *

Those variables are automatically available through the SCOHLP common
which is included by default.

Hence you can select a different weighting factor depending whether ISCRNG
is 1 (DOSE or energy deposition) or 5 (activity) when the routine is
called. Also, you can further differentiate using JSCRNG which is the
number of the USRBIN under consideration (regardless of its type
). Eg, when comscw is called for the 1st USRBIN in your input JSCRNG
will be 1, it will be 2 for the second etc. In this way not only you can
distinguish between the DOSE and the ACTIVITY USRBIN's, but, in case, you
can even distinguish among several DOSE (or ACTIVITY) USRBIN's, eg if you
want to weight DOSE with two different sets of weighting factors.

Let me know if this helps.

                       Alfredo

| Alfredo Ferrari || Tel.: +41.22.76.76119 |
| CERN-EN/STI || Fax.: +41.22.76.69474 |
| 1211 Geneva 23 || e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari_at_cern.ch |
| Switzerland || |