[fluka-discuss]: Re: source.f simulation gives zeroes

From: Horváth Dávid <David.Horvath_at_eli-beams.eu>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 13:23:08 +0000

Dear Alex,

It looks like the reason you are getting zero results is that there is an error with the energy unit conversion in your source routine.

The filename of the spectrum data file indicates they should be in MeV, but in the source routine the line: "TKEFLK (NPFLKA) = 1.D-6 * ENERGY" assumes keV. This conversion puts your maximum energy below the default production/transport limit, so the particles are not propagated.

After changing the conversion factor to 1.D-3, I get a reasonable looking spectrum.

I hope this solves your problem.

Kind regards,

David Horvath